Saturday, March 17, 2012

Finally,I found a computer that I can use since the laptop I brought decided not to work.  There is so much that has happened from the minute I got to Logan.  First, I had Susan drop me off at the Delta Terminal.  When I tried to chck in I was told I would be flying out on Alitalia Airlines, which just so happened to be on the other side of the airport. Trying to save some walking time and be kind to my feet I tried to take one of those "walking sidewalks".  As I was manuvering my bags one of them got caught and of course I landed on my ass.  As my bags started getting further away, or should I say I was getting further away from them, I started crawling back to them as quick as I could so I wouldn't cause a bottle-neck.  All I could think of was "Now this is a Kodak moment."

Next, while waiting to check in at the correct line, an airport security woman called out if anyone belonged to a piece of luggage that was standing alone not more than ten feet from me.  Shortly after someone brought a bomb sniffing dog to check it out.  "Is it too late to change my mind?"  Finally, a little old Italian man came over and said it was his and was told he had to keep it with him at all times.

The seven hour and fourty five minute flight went very smoothly and I would have rested all the way except for this "darling" little child who used the back of my chair as a dance floor.  I was so looking forward to jumping into my rental car and driving into the mountains of central Italy without a wink of sleep.  When we landed, and after I stuffed the "darling's" head in the plane's toilet, I left looking for AutoEurope for my rental.  I found AutoEurope right away,but they didn't have my registration.....SHIT!  I started checking all the rental companies.  Finally, Hertz had my reservation.  I NEVER WENT THROUGH HERTZ!  "Shut up Michael and just get the car."I wound up getting a brand new Ford Focus (with less than 9 miles).......Off I go!!!!

Bless my wife Susan for downloading maps for Italy on her GPS.  If not for the GPS I would still be circling the airport.  Didn't Tom Hanks do a movie about not being able to leave an airport?

The first two sights I saw when leaving the airport was McDonalds and an IKEA.  Did the airplane just circle Logan for eight hours and then just land?  That thought soon changed when a massive mountain range lay before me.

It be came crystle clear why the Smart Car is so popular.......those friggin' mountain roads.  The roads are narrow to say the least and they were winding every which way (I feltI was doing UTurns for two hours).  My Ford Focus felt like a semi-tractor trailor.

Tomorrow I'll take you into Pescasseroli (I now know how to say it correctly) and tell you what I found. 

No comments:

Post a Comment